Beyond the Classroom: Other educational opportunities for students include:
Welcome to Pine River Middle/High School
Pine River Middle/High School provides a comprehensive educational program for approximately 595 students in grades six through twelve. In addition to a strong, aligned core curriculum, Pine River students enjoy a vast array of educational opportunities including world language, digits math (6-8) graphic design, the Arts (band, choir, Jazz band, woods, art, painting), physical education including strength and conditioning, fifteen Career Technological courses through WMISD, and a comprehensive special education program including a work study option. Pine River also offers on-line high school credited courses that allow students to pursue courses linked to their educational development plan. (For more programs please see our Course Description book posted on the Middle/High School page.)
- Baker College direct credit courses offered during the school day in English Composition, Spanish, Calculus and Speech
- Apply for the "Enhanced High School" program with Baker College in which participating students attend direct credit courses at Pine River in the morning and Baker College in the afternoon.
- Dual Enrollment with Ferris State
- College and Career Ready Chromebook initiative
- NJHS and NHS programs with a record level of volunteerism
- Middle and High school Student Councils
- Strong athletic program (MS: Football (club based), Cross Country, basketball(boy's and girl's), Wrestling (club), Track (boy's and girls); HS: Football, Soccer, Cross Country, Wrestling, Basketball (boy's and girl's), Competitive Cheer, Softball, Baseball, Track (boy's and girls).
- Credit Recovery
- Help Desk
- The "HERD" (student spirit group)
- Principal's Council
Points of Pride
- Reward School Designation (HS)
- New interim assessment and intervention program for grades six through eleven.
- Award winning Band program
- Dual enrollment, direct credit, enhanced high school and on-line courses.
- Strong athletic program
- Chromebook Initiative
- Parent and community support: Booster Club, Buck Pride Group, Friends of the Middle School, Senior Parent Group
- Teacher-led School Improvement process